Less than 15 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 slabs (about 350g) dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- 1 cup (250ml) hot water
- Roughly chop chocolate.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil.
- Place a glass or metal bowl bigger than the pot on top to create a double-boiler. (Check that bowl isn’t touching the water.)
- Place chocolate and hot water in the bowl and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place bowl in an ice bath and whisk with an electric beater on medium speed until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove bowl from ice bath when the chocolate on the sides becomes set.
- Whisk only until aerated and a soft mousse texture has formed. (Over-whipping will cause more of a chocolate spread texture. If this happens, melt chocolate again and repeat process.)
- Serve immediately.