Less than 15 minutes (plus freezing time)
Makes 6 (each)
Share with friends
Turmeric, coconut & chia-seed lollies
- 1 can (400g) coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chia seeds
- 1 shot (100ml) Sir Fruit turmeric juice
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground turmeric
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) honey
- Chill coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Skim solid coconut cream from the surface, reserving the coconut water.
- Whip coconut cream lightly until fluffy.
- Stir in half the chia seeds.
- Chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine coconut water, remaining chia seeds, turmeric juice, ground turmeric and honey.
- Set aside to thicken for 15 minutes.
- Divide and layer both mixtures between 6 lolly moulds and swirl together with a skewer. Freeze until semi-frozen (3-4 hours) and insert a lolly stick into each mould.
- Freeze for 4-6 more hours, or until solid.
Mango and raspberry swirl
- 2 cans (410g each) canned mango
- 350g frozen raspberries and/or blueberries
- Drain mango pieces, reserving liquid, and blitz to a purée.
- Blitz frozen raspberries and/or blueberries to a purée with some of the reserved canned-mango liquid until smooth.
- Layer berry and mango purées on top of each other in lolly moulds.
- Freeze until semi-set. Add lolly sticks and continue freezing until solid – at least 8 hours or overnight.
Peace iced-tea lollies
- 3⅕ cups (700ml) boiling water
- 1-2 peach-flavoured tea bags
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey or sugar
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 3-4 mint sprigs
- 1 nectarine or peach, cut into slices (optional)
- Combine boiling water, tea bags, honey or sugar, lemon juice and mint sprigs.
- Infuse for 5 minutes, then discard tea bags and mint and chill completely.
- Pour into 6 lolly moulds and freeze until semi-set.
- Add a few nectarine or peach slices, if you like, and pop in lolly sticks.
- Freeze for another 6-8 hours or overnight.