Less than 45 minutes
IMAGE CREDIT Stylist: Liezl Vermuelen Photographer: Donna Lewis
This recipe is a lifesaver that doesn’t need any fresh fridge trimmings and is unexpectedly flavourful.
- 1 large packet (1kg) butternut cubes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 400g PnP spaghetti
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- Handful fresh coriander, for serving
- Handful sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place butternut on a tray, drizzle with half the oil and season.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook pasta for 8 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Drain, reserving a cup of pasta water, and rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pot and sauté garlic and chilli.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add butternut and blitz to a smooth sauce. Season.
- Toss pasta through sauce, adding a splash of reserved pasta water to thin it down, if you like.
- Serve immediately with fresh coriander and sesame seeds.