Less than 30 minutes
Makes about 20-30
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- ½ cup (125g) butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sugar
- 1 cup (120g) cake flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (250ml) chocolate chips
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine water, butter and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Quickly add flour and salt mixing vigorously until a smooth dough forms. (It should pull away from the sides of the saucepan.) Remove from the heat.
- Cool for about 5 minutes before beating in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a medium star nozzle.
- Pipe 5-8cm long strips onto prepared baking tray and use a scissor to cut off the excess dough before piping the next one.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm before transferring to the air fryer basket.
- Set air fryer to the chips function at 160°C and set timer to 12 minutes.
- Combine cinnamon sugar ingredients and coat churros in mixture.
- For ganache, heat the cream and pour over chocolate chips.
- Allow to stand for 2 minutes, mix until smooth and serve with the churros.