Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Tangy bean salad:
- ⅓ cup (80ml) white balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- 3-4 Tbsp (45-60ml) brown or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) each chilli flakes and smoked paprika
- 1 can (400g) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (400g) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- Handful chopped fresh herbs (like coriander, parsley or mint)
- 1 packet (100g) corn chips or PnP beer grain crisps
- 2 avocados, halved
- Handful halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and spices in a saucepan and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add beans, chickpeas and grated lemon peel to vinegar mixture.
- Set aside to infuse for 30 minutes (or longer).
- Add herbs and divide between serving bowls.
- Serve with corn chips or crisps, avo and tomato.