More than 1 hour
Makes 1 loaf (10 slices)
Share with friends
- 1 cup (100g) oats
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal flour
- 5 apples (about 500g), peeled and grated
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup or honey
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10ml) grated lemon peel
- ½ cup (125ml) chopped pecan nuts or walnuts
- Nut butter and apple slices, for serving
- Prepare a 23cm loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix all ingredients together and spoon into prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until an inserted metal skewer comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing.
- Spread with nut butter and top with apple slices. Serve.