- 1 packet (125g) PnP mangetout, sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 packet (125g) whole bean sprouts
- 1 butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2-3 Tbsp (15-30ml) pickled ginger (optional)
- Handful each fresh coriander and mint
- Handful micro herbs
- 4 large red cabbage leaves, for serving
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp (10ml) sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) light soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) almond or peanut butter
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- Juice (60ml) of 2 limes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 punnets (250g each) chicken livers, rinsed and trimmed
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45ml) sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Toss salad ingredients and divide between cabbage leaf “bowls”.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Season livers and toss with sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a hot pan and fry livers in batches for 3-5 minutes or until well browned but slightly pink in centre.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes.
- Top salad with livers and drizzle with dressing.