Less than 1 hour
Serves 6 – 8
Share with friends
- 4 large brinjals, halved
- 1 punnet (400g) baby brinjals, halved
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil + extra for brushing
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45m) tahini
- ½ Tbsp (7ml) ground cumin
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 cups (500ml) cooked bulgur wheat
- Handful each fresh mint and coriander
- 2 discs (60g each) feta
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 1 packet snacking cucumbers, halved (optional)
- 1 packet (100g) wild rocket
- 1 packet (100g) PnP crimson leaf salad
Sliced spring onion, chopped red chilli and sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Pierce brinjals all over with a fork, place in an oven tray and brush with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, then remove baby brinjals. Set aside.
- Roast large brinjals for another 20-30 minutes until they look limp and deflated, with almost blackened skin.
- Cool large brinjals slightly, then scoop out flesh, discarding seeds.
- Blitz brinjal flesh with olive oil, garlic, tahini, and ground cumin. Season generously.
- Toss baby brinjals with bulgar wheat, herbs, feta and lemon juice and peel.
- Spread baba ganoush (brinjal mixture) in the centre of a platter and scatter with bulgur wheat salad mixture, cucumbers, rocket and salad leaves.
- Garnish with spring onion, chilli and sesame seeds just before serving.