Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 1 packet (400g) PnP puff pastry
- 2 packets (300g each) baby carrots (or 1 packet large carrots cut into sticks)
- Glug olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for dressing
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 logs (100g each) goat’s cheese
- 4 extra-large eggs
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (80g) watercress or rocket
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh thyme sprigs
Dukkah spice, for serving (optional)
- Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface so that it is slightly thinner, then line a 25cm tart tin.
- Trim edges and blind bake at 160°C for 10 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Spread baby carrots on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season and sprinkle with cumin seeds.
- Roast for 15 minute, tossing occasionally, until cooked through.
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil in a pan and sauté onion until soft.
- Blitz milk, cheese and eggs until smooth, using a stick blender. Season.
- Spread onion on the base of the tart case, pour in the cheese mixture and smooth over the base.
- Arrange carrots on top, drizzle with remaining oil and bake for about 25 minutes or until set.
- Toss salad leaves with balsamic and olive oil.
- Top tart with salad leaves and thyme, and sprinkle with dukkah before serving.
Cook’s note: Can’t find dukkah, make your own!
Toast 1 packet (100g) PnP raw cashew nuts in a dry pan with 2 Tbsp (30ml) sesame seeds, ¼ cup (60ml) sunflower seeds, 1 tsp each (5ml) cumin seeds, chilli flakes, smoked paprika and sea salt flakes until golden and fragrant.