Serves 4 – 6
- Glug olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 (about 450g) chicken breast fillets
- 4 large baby marrows, cut into 2cm-thick discs
- 1 can (400g) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2½ cups (375ml) cacciatore sauce (see full recipe here)
- Handful chopped fresh parsley + extra for serving
- 1 punnet (200g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (125ml) olives, pitted and halved (optional)
- ½ packet (250g) farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock or white wine
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté onion for about 5 minutes or until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Increase heat, season chicken and fry in the same pan until golden.
- Cool slightly before slicing into 2cm pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients in an ovenproof dish, adding fried onion and chicken pieces (nestle them into the sauce).
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until sauce is thick and pasta is cooked.
- Garnish with extra parsley just before serving.