- 1 packet (250g) streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 mielies
- 1kg baby potatoes, boiled until tender and cooled
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- Large handful rocket
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) tangy mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) double cream yoghurt
- 1 heaped Tbsp (20ml) Dijon mustard
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and milled pepper, to taste
- Slow-fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Braai mielies until blistered.
- Remove corn from cobs.
- Halve potatoes and toss with corn.
- Add spring onion, parsley and chives.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and drizzle over salad.
- Top salad with bacon and rocket and serve.