Less than 1 hour
Makes 1 wreath
- ¼ cup (60ml) wholegrain mustard
- ⅓ cup (80ml) honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 rolls (400g each) defrosted puff pastry
- ½ packet (125g) streaky bacon
- ½ -1 packet (50-100g)pancetta
- 1 wheel (125g) camembert cheese
- Eggwash, for brushing
- Rosemary or thyme, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine mustard, honey and garlic. Season.
- Roll out pastry to about half its thickness and cut both into 20-30cm round discs.
- Take one of the discs and use the camembert as a stencil to cut out a round in the centre. Set aside.
- Generously brush the honey-mustard mixture over the other puff pastry disc and place camembert in the centre.
- Arrange bacon and pancetta all around the camembert, alternating between the two.
- Cover with the second pastry disc, neatly fitting camembert through the cut-out.
- Cut 2cm strips of pastry starting from the edge of the cheese to the end of the pastry, making sure the filling is still in place and the pastry lid is still attached. Repeat all round.
- Twist cut-out strips creating spirals, brush with eggwash and garnish with rosemary and thyme.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and serve by breaking off the crispy spirals and dipping them into the oozy cheese centre.