Share with friends
- Glug olive oil
- 2 punnets (250g each) black mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes, puréed
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 packets (500g each) gnocchi, cooked and drained
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Handful basil leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and brown whole mushrooms in batches.
- Return all mushrooms to the pan, add garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and reduce liquid by half.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then season.
- Toss gnocchi through mushroom sauce and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Dot with mozzarella and bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve topped with basil.