More than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 large (about 800g each) orange or regular sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter (optional)
- Generous splash milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) canola oil
- 1 packet (about 500g) pork bangers
- 4 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped fresh parsley
- Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water for 8 minutes, or until soft, then drain and rinse.
- Mash potatoes with the back of a spoon.
- Stir through half the butter (if using) and milk.
- Stir through chilli flakes. Season and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry pork bangers over medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add onions to pan and fry for 3-4 minutes per side, or until slightly charred.
- Return bangers to pan and toss through remaining butter (if using).
- Season and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve bangers with mash and charred onions on the side.