Less than 1 hour
- 4 nectarines, stoned and cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 punnet (250g) mini plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 packet (80g) fresh rocket
- ¼ punnet (5g) fresh basil
- 1 block (250g) halloumi cheese, sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) basil pesto
- ¼ cup (60ml) each olive oil and sherry vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Place nectarine wedges, avocado, tomatoes, rocket and basil into a salad bowl.
- Season halloumi and heat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Grill halloumi until golden all over (you can also braai the halloumi on medium-hot coals for 5-8 minutes.)
- Cool slightly, then pile on top of salad.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour over salad, toss and serve immediately.