Less than 1 hour
Makes about 18
- 1 packet (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 tub (200g) basil pesto
- 1 cup (60g) grated parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- Selection of cheeses and cured meats for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll puff pastry out on a floured surface to about 2mm thick.
- Evenly spread basil pesto over pastry and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Fold over 5cm on each side and repeat until they meet in the centre.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove clingfilm and slice pastry into ½ cm thick discs using a sharp knife.
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush with egg.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and keep in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Serve with a selection of cheese and cured meats.