- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) lemon juice
- 1 punnet (20g) parsley, leaves picked
- 1 can (120g) shredded tuna in water, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 5 capers (optional)
- ⅓ cup (80ml) canola oil
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 packets (200g each) fine green beans, blanched
- 1 can (400g) white kidney beans or butter beans
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (3s) baby gem lettuce
- ½ head butter lettuce
- ½ red onion, fresh or pickled (see recipe here)
- 1 packet (200g) calamata olives
- Blend together tonnato ingredients except for oils.
- Combine oils and add in a slow, steady stream while blending until a thick sauce forms.
- Toss green beans and canned beans with 2 dollops sauce and season.
- Arrange lettuce on platter, top with saucy beans and scatter with onion and olives.
- Drizzle salad with remaining sauce just before serving.