More than 1 hour
(plus marinating time)
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) red wine
- 8 black peppercorns, crushed
- 8 fresh bay leaves, torn + extra to skewer
- ¾ cup (180ml) canola oil
- 2.5-3kg beef rump, sliced into 5cm cubes
- 4 potatoes, boiled, skin on and cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed and sliced into 3cm strips
- 2 palermo peppers (bell peppers or a packet of sweet snacking peppers work well too)
- 5 salad tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5ml) cayenne pepper
- Salt and milled pepper
- Harissa paste and a handful of chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix garlic, vinegar, wine, peppercorns, bay leaves and oil together in a bowl.
- Toss meat in marinade and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Toss roasted veg ingredients together in a large roasting tray. Season.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes, until potatoes are crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare medium coals.
- Thread meat onto metal skewers, alternating with extra bay leaves and leaving 1cm gaps between cubes. Season.
- Braai for 7-8 minutes a side, until meat is firm and juices run clear.
- Serve skewers with roast vegetables, generous dollops of harissa paste and parsley.