More than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 1 cup (250ml) full-cream milk
- 3 pieces preserved ginger
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) preserved ginger syrup
- ⅔ cup (100ml) castor sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) cocoa powder
- 4 large (about 400g) beetroots, boiled, drained and cooled
- 1 tub (100g) fresh raspberries + extra for serving
- 1 slab (100g) dark chocolate, finely chopped + extra for serving
- Heat milk, ginger pieces, syrup and sugar together and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Mix cocoa powder with a little water to make a paste.
- Blitz beetroots, milk mixture, cocoa paste and raspberries with a stick blender until smooth.
- Place mixture in a 2L plastic container, cover with clingfilm and freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Remove and whisk mixture with an electric whisk to break down any ice crystals.
- Fold through chopped chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least 6-8 hours (or overnight) until firm.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chocolate, and more raspberries if you like.