Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 packet (1kg) PnP oven chips
- Glug olive oil
- Small handful rosemary leaves
- Large knob butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup (250ml) Weiss beer (we used CBC Amber Weiss)
- 2 packs (800g each) half shell mussels, defrosted
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Milled black pepper
- Mayonnaise, to serve with chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Toss chips on a large baking tray with olive oil and rosemary.
- Bake until golden and crispy, tossing occasionally.
- Heat butter in a large pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Sauté garlic, celery and onion until soft.
- Pour in beer and bring to the boil.
- Add mussels and steam for 3-4 minutes until completely heated.
- Stir though parsley and season with pepper.
- Serve immediately with chips and mayonnaise.