Less than 30 minutes (plus freezing time)
Share with friends
- 1 tub (2L) PnP blueberry ice cream
- 3 cans (400g each) coconut cream, chilled in the fridge
- ½ cup (125ml) desiccated coconut
- ½ cup (125ml) castor sugar
- Grated peel of 3 limes + extra for serving
- 1 (350g) PnP Madeira cake, sliced
- Toasted coconut flakes and blueberries, for serving
- Soften ice cream slightly and spoon into a 25cm x 10cm loaf tin lined with baking paper or clingfilm.
- Even out the top and freeze for an hour.
- Scoop the thickened layer off the surface of coconut cream (reserve the rest for smoothies).
- Using an electric mixer, whisk thickened cream with desiccated coconut, castor sugar and lime peel until stiff peaks form.
- Place cake slices on top of frozen ice cream to create a second layer.
- Top with whipped coconut mixture to create final layer.
- Freeze overnight.
- Unmould on a platter and remove baking paper or clingfilm.
- Serve scattered with coconut flakes, berries and grated lime peel.