Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 2-4 Hokkaido, butternut or gem squash (enough for 4-6 people), halved and seeds scooped out
- Glug olive oil + extra for mince
- Salt and milled pepper
- 500g PnP lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) PnP crushed ginger and garlic
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) medium curry powder
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) chutney
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- Plain yoghurt and sambals, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- Brush squash variety with oil and season.
- Roast at for 20 minutes until almost tender.
- Brown mince in oil, remove and set aside.
- Fry onion and garlic and ginger paste in the same pan until soft.
- Stir through mince, along with curry powder, a few curry leaves and chutney.
- Season and spoon mince mixture into squash halves about until three quarters full.
- Whisk eggs with milk and pour over mince.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with plain yoghurt and sambals on the side.