More than 1 hour
Makes 1 cup
- 8 medium-sized beef marrow bones
- Glug olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- ¼ cup (60g) softened butter
- 1 bulb garlic, outer papery layers removed
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs each fresh rosemary and thyme
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Drizzle garlic and marrow bones with oil and season.
- Place on a baking tray (with garlic wrapped in foil).
- Roast at 200°C for 20 minutes on the middle rack of oven.
- Move tray to top rack, roasting garlic for another 15 minutes and marrow bones for 25-30 minutes until browned.
- Remove and cool. Squeeze garlic pulp out of clove casings.
- Scoop out marrow from bone and combine with garlic pulp and remaining ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Serve on a slice of hot toast or add a dollop to your steaks.