Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- 800g trout or snoek fillets
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) Gallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra for drizzling
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped and deseeded
- ½ cup (100g) peach or apricot jam
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- 1 sliced red onion, for serving
- Handful fresh rocket, for serving
- Season trout or snoek with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add Gallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chilli, jam and lemon juice to a pot and cook for about 5 minutes or until sticky.
- Brush trout or snoek with mixture and braai on a foil-lined braai grid over medium hot coals for 15-20 minutes. (Alternatively, bake in the oven at 190°C for 20 minutes).
- Scatter with red onion and rocket.
- Serve warm.