Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 (about 700g) frozen whole butterflied snoek, defrosted (fresh works well too)
- Salt and milled pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) softened butter
- ⅓ cup (80ml) store-bought chakalaka
- 6-8 dried Turkish apricots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped coriander + extra for serving
- Juice (30ml) of ½ lemon + extra for basting
- Crusty bread and lemon or lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Pat snoek dry and season.
- Combine butter, chakalaka, apricots, coriander and lemon juice.
- Brush snoek with ¼ of butter mixture until well coated.
- Braai over hot coals for about 15-20 minutes, turning over halfway through and basting with remaining butter and extra lemon juice. Alternatively, oven bake at 180 until cooked through, basting continuously.
- Serve fish with crusty bread, lemon or lime wedges and garnish with extra coriander.