More than 1 hour
- 1 cup (250g) butter, cubed
- 2 slabs (100g each) dark chocolate
- 1⅔ cups (333g) castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups (190g) flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- ⅗ cup (150ml) Coke
- ⅖ cup (100ml) brandy
- ½ tub (1L) vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter, chocolate and castor sugar together until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time, combining well before the next addition.
- Sift in flour and cocoa, and add salt.
- Combine Coke and brandy and stir into batter.
- Pour into a 23x18cm lined ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, being careful not to overbake. Cool completely.
- Cut 9 squares from brownie base – a bread knife works best.
- Slice each square across the middle in two to create a sandwich.
- Unmould ice cream from the container and cut into squares the same size as the brownie blocks. (Alternatively, simply use an ice-cream scoop.)
- Sandwich ice cream between brownie slices.
- Serve immediately.