- Glug olive oil
- 1-2 (200g each) chorizo, finely diced
- 2 medium brinjals, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 packet (250g) PnP mini Italian tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250g) ricotta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 packet (500g) spaghetti, cooked and drained (reserve a little pasta water for sauce)
- Fresh basil or origanum, for serving
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat and fry chorizo until crispy.
- Remove chorizo and set aside.
- Fry brinjal and garlic in chorizo in the same pan until soft and golden.
- Tip in tomatoes and wine and cook for about 10 minutes or until the wine has reduced.
- Stir through ricotta.
- Season well and toss mixture through pasta.
- Add chorizo and about ¼ cup (60ml) reserved pasta water until well-combined.
- Scatter with herbs and parmesan just before serving.