More than 1 hour
Makes 1 x 20cm loaf
Share with friends
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1½ cups (225g) nutty wheat flour
- 1 packet (50g) brown onion soup mix
- ¼ cup (60ml) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (60ml) mixed seeds + extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp (5ml) dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (250g) plain double-cream yoghurt
- 4/5 cup (200ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Combine yoghurt and milk together, then fold into dry ingredient mixture.
- Knead lightly to form a dough and shape into a 20cm-long log.
- Place dough into a bread tin and brush top with water and sprinkle with seeds and oats.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. (Bread should sound hollow when tapped and feel light for its size.)
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking tin, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.