Less than 30 minutes
- 20 slices ciabatta bread
- Glug of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 punnet (200g) baby leaks
- 2 cups (500g) frozen peas, blanched
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) basil pesto
- Juice (60ml) and zest of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh mint and fresh parsley, roughly torn
- Feta, for serving
- Drizzle ciabatta with olive oil and toast in a regular pan or sandwich press.
- Remove from pan and rub toast with garlic. Season and set aside.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a pan on medium heat and fry baby leaks until soft.
- Remove from heat and add blanched peas, basil pesto, lemon juice and zest.
- Season and add mint and parsley.
- Mash mixture with a fork or give it a quick blitz with a stick blender.
- Spread mixture on bruschetta, add a sprinkling of feta and serve.