Less than 1 hour
- 2 large butternuts, cut into wedges or rings
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 serrano chilli, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) green curry paste
- 5cm knob ginger, grated
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- ½ Tbsp (8ml) turmeric
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) peanut or olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cans (400g each) coconut milk
- Chopped coriander
- Grated coconut
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place butternut in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes to brown.
- Place curry paste ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a paste.
- Heat 2 Tbsp (30ml) peanut or olive oil in a large pan and sauté onions.
- Add paste and fry for a minute or two.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut milk.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Add roasted butternut wedges and simmer for another 5-8 minutes to soak up the flavour.
- Serve with noodles, chopped coriander and grated coconut, with lime wedges on the side.