Makes 2 cups
Share with friends
- 1kg salad tomatoes, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) grated ginger
- 5 cayenne chillies, chopped and deseeded
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fish sauce
- 2 cups (500ml) white sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) red wine vinegar
- Handful fresh rosemary
- Salt and milled pepper
- Squeeze lime juice (optional)
- Variety of cheese, for serving
- Place salad tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chillies, fish sauce, white sugar, red wine vinegar and rosemary in a large pot.
- Bring to the boil and then gently simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Set aside to cool, adjust seasoning with some salt and milled pepper or a squeeze of lime juice. Set aside.
- Build a cheese tower by layering your favourite cheeses on top of one another. Start off with a hard/aged cheese like mature cheddar, gruyere or PnP gouda with cumin. You can also splurge on parmesan or pecorino for the base.
- Layer some semi-soft cheeses like brie and camembert, or you can try something different with some havarti and mozzarella.
- Pack on some soft cheeses like Danish feta, ricotta, cream or cottage cheese.
- Save blue cheeses for last by adding some PnP bavaria-style gorgonzola, Roquefort or Danish Blue.
- Top off your cheese tower with your homemade quick tomato chilli jam, and then add any other special treats to jazz up your cheeseboard.