Under 30 minutes
Share with friends
- Large knob butter
- 1 bunch (150-200g) Swiss chard, stems and leaves separated and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 8-12 slices bread, buttered
- Wholegrain mustard, to taste (optional)
- 1 large block (500g) cheddar, grated
- Heat butter in a pan and sauté chard stems and onion until soft and translucent.
- Add chard leaves and cook until wilted.
- Season and set aside.
- Place half the bread on a board, buttered-side down, and spread with mustard, if using.
- Add a layer of chard and cheese.
- Top with remaining bread, butter-side up.
- Place in a jaffle iron or sandwich press.
- Cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.