Under 1 hour
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and milled pepper
- 5cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5ml) chilli flakes
- ½ can (200ml) coconut milk
- Drizzle of honey, to taste
- 1 batch (500ml) chickpea and butter bean sauté (click here for base recipe)
- Fresh thyme, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Prick 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes with a fork, drizzle with oil, season and wrap in foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger, lemon, chilli, coconut milk and honey.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until coconut milk has reduced to a sauce.
- Add chickpea and butter bean sauté, and simmer for another 5-8 minutes. Season.
- Slice potatoes halfway and squeeze to open.
- Spoon over chickpea mixture and top with fresh thyme.