Less than 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 (about 1kg) large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- Handful fresh thyme
- 2 red chillies, halved
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped fresh coriander or thyme
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 cup (130g) leftover shredded chicken (optional)
- 2-3 baby marrows, sliced and roasted
- Handful frozen peas, blanched
- Crusty bread
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry onion and celery for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and potato cubes and fry for another minute or two.
- Add stock, thyme and chillies and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes.
- Blitz until smooth and pour back into the pot.
- Add cream and herbs, and season generously. Allow to reheat.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with chicken, baby marrow and peas.
- Serve with crusty bread.