More than 1 hour
- 2kg pork belly, deboned
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 bunch celery
- 6cm knob ginger
- 1 bulb garlic
- 5 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ⅘ cup (200ml) Chinese Shaoxing cooking wine or dry sherry
- ⅗ cup (150ml) soy sauce
- 12 cups (3L) water
- 1 packet (200g) pak choi, steamed
- 400g egg noodles, cooked
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 red chillies, thinly sliced
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh coriander
- Remove skin from belly and cut away fatty layer underneath.
- Slice into 8 large pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and simmer slowly for about 2-3 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from broth and strain (discard strained ingredients).
- Divide pork, pak choi and noodles between serving bowls.
- Ladle over broth and garnish with spring onion, chilli and coriander just before serving.