Less than 45 minutes
- 2 cups (400g) treacle sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1 ¾ cup (263g) cake flour
- ½ cup (40g) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 1 slab (80g) dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp (10ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) white vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter
- 1 cup (250ml) treacle sugar
- 1 can (410g) evaporated milk
- Fresh blueberries and mint leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream sugar, eggs and vanilla until sugar dissolves.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder, then add salt.
- Fold half the dry ingredients through egg mixture, then add half the cream.
- Repeat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold through melted chocolate.
- Stir bicarb and vinegar together and add to mixture.
- Bake in a greased 20cm x 25cm dish for 25-30 minutes or until sponge is firm.
- Heat sauce ingredients in a pot until sugar dissolves, then boil for a minute.
- Pour hot sauce over hot pudding and garnish with berries and mint just before serving.