Less than 45 minutes
Makes about 20
Share with friends
- 3½ slabs (350g) dark chocolate
- ½ cup (125g) butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup (40g) cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- 1 box (80g) chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Cream eggs and sugar together for 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Fold through melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt.
- Fold chocolate mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Place mixture in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Scoop out golf-ball-sized rounds of batter using an ice-cream scoop.
- Place 5cm apart on 3-4 lined baking trays (they spread as they bake).
- Bake at 180˚C for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and cool on the trays until firm.
- Serve with ice cream or store in an airtight container.