Less than 1 hour
Share with friends
- 6 plain croissants, halved horizontally
- ⅔ cup (160ml) chocolate nut spread
- 1 packet (100g) hazelnuts, lightly toasted and chopped (almond or pecan nuts work well too)
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- ½ cup (125g) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract or vanilla essence
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 2L ovenproof dish.
- Spread croissants with ½ chocolate spread.
- Arrange croissants in an overlapping layer in a prepared dish.
- Sprinkle croissants with ½ hazelnuts.
- Heat milk and cream.
- Whisk castor sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, salt and eggs together and slowly whisk in warm milk mixture.
- Pour custard over croissants and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and golden.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate spread in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Drizzle melted chocolate spread over pudding.
- Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts and serve.