Less than 1 hour
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) vinegar
- 1 tsp (5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- ⅔ cup (100g) cake flour
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 2 slabs (100g each) dark or milk chocolate
- 12-16 marshmallows, charred, for serving
- 6-8 chocolate-covered digestive biscuits, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk sugar, salt and eggs using an electric beater until pale and fluffy.
- Add butter and vinegar and mix well.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in milk and add to wet mixture.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into a separate bowl.
- Fold dry mixture through wet mixture.
- Pour into a 25cm square ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Heat 1 cup (250ml) cream with sugar until hot but not boiling.
- Chop 1 slab chocolate into chunks, place in a bowl and pour over hot cream, stirring until melted.
- Remove pudding from oven and pour over chocolate sauce so that the pudding absorbs it.
- Heat remaining cream until hot but not boiling.
- Chop remaining chocolate into chunks and add to cream, stirring to melt evenly.
- Set aside to firm up (or place in the fridge for a few minutes).
- Spread cooled chocolate over pudding just before serving.
- Top with marshmallows and biscuits to create a s’mores effect.