IMAGE CREDIT Stylist: Anke Roux Photographer: Michael le Grange
An old-school favourite that’s all jazzed-up and finger-licking good.
- 1 pack (850g) PnP chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) chutney
- 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) mild curry powder
- Poppadoms and rice, for serving
- ½ cup (125ml) yellow and red cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and milled pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place chicken skin-side up in a lightly greased ovenproof dish.
- Mix onion, chutney, mayonnaise, water and curry powder together and pour over chicken.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes or until chicken is golden and sauce is sticky.
- Toss sambal ingredients together. Season.
- Serve chicken with sambal, poppadoms and rice.