More than 1 hour
Makes 1 large cake or 12 cupcakes
Share with friends
- ¾ cup (180ml) butter
- ½ punnet (10g) fresh rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Juice (80ml) of 1 orange or grapefruit, plus slices of fruit for serving
- 1 cup (250ml) double-cream plain yoghurt
- 1½ cups (300g) castor sugar
- 2 cups (300g) cake flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) baking powder
Citrus and rosemary icing:
- 1 cup (250ml) icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) milk
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) grated peel of orange or grapefruit
- 2 tsp (10ml) chopped rosemary, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add rosemary. Cover with a lid and allow to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Discard rosemary.
- Whisk together cooled infused butter, eggs, citrus juice and yoghurt.
- Add sugar, flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour into a large greased bundt tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Combine icing ingredients – you want it quite thick.
- Drizzle cake with sauce and garnish with fresh citrus slices and fresh rosemary to serve.