More than 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) fennel seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp (5ml) black peppercorns + extra for seasoning
- 1 tsp (5ml) salt + extra for seasoning
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 1.5kg rolled pork belly
- 2-3 onions, peeled and halved
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place fennel seeds, peppercorns, salt and thyme in a pestle and mortar, and crush to combine.
- Add olive oil and mix well.
- Rub pork with oil mixture and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 160°C, and roast for another hour.
- Remove pan from oven and arrange onions around the sides.
- Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Return to oven and roast for another hour, or until pork has cooked through and onions have softened.
- Allow pork to rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Drizzle with pan juices and serve.