Less than 45 minutes
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) canola oil + extra for brushing
- 1 packet (150g) PnP exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 1 packet (250g) PnP portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and milled pepper
- 4 tsp (20ml) brandy or water
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Bovril
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- 2 tsp (10ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) honey
- 4 matured steaks
- Lightly salted potato chips and rocket leaves, for serving
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry mushrooms until golden.
- Season with pepper.
- Add brandy and 1 Tbsp (15ml) Bovril and fry for 1 minute more.
- Stir in cream and remove from heat. Keep warm.
- Combine remaining Bovril, olive oil and honey.
- Brush steaks with a little canola oil and season lightly.
- Cook steaks over medium coals for 3-4 minutes a side, basting frequently with the Bovril and honey mix.
- Serve steaks hot off the grill with chips and rocket.