Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 2 cups (500ml) fresh or canned coconut milk
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil (optional)
- 1 cucumber
- 250g egg noodles, cooked and cooled
- 2 packets (125g each) sugar snap peas, blanched
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 1 lemon
- Handful fresh mint, parsley and coriander, chopped
- Freshly shaved coconut, for serving
- Heat coconut milk in a medium-sized pot until hot but not boiling.
- Poach chicken in milk for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat oil in a pan over a high heat until almost smoking, and flash-fry chicken to add some colour (optional). Cool completely and slice.
- Slice cucumber into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and shred to create ‘noodles’.
- Toss cucumber with egg noodles, chicken pieces, peas, lemon and herbs.
- Serve cold or at room temperature, topped with coconut.