Less than 30 minutes
Share with friends
- 1 roll (400g) puff pastry, defrosted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) castor sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon + extra for dusting
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60ml) castor sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) flour
- 1 can (400g) coconut cream
- 1 split vanilla pod or 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Figs or fresh berries (optional), for serving
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Roll pastry out until it’s twice its original size.
- Mix castor sugar and cinnamon together.
- Scatter over pastry, then roll pastry up tightly.
- Cut pastry into 3-4cm slices and roll into thin discs (2-3mm).
- Line a 9-cup muffin tray with pastry discs.
- For filling, whisk egg yolks and sugar until fluffy.
- Whisk flour with a good glug of coconut cream until smooth.
- Heat remaining coconut cream with vanilla pod or essence until almost boiling.
- Pour into flour mixture, whisking continuously.
- Slowly add egg mixture and whisk well.
- Return mixture to pot and cook until thickened.
- Cool slightly and remove vanilla pod.
- Divide filling between muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
- Dust pastéis de nata with extra cinnamon and serve with figs or berries, if you like.