1 hour (plus marinating time)
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 packs (about 300g each) minute steaks
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) instant coffee
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) paprika
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) chopped fresh coriander
- ¼ cup (60ml) canola oil
- 3 red onions, sliced
- ½ cup (125ml) red wine vinegar, heated
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) white sugar
- 5–6 (about 1.5kg) large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) butter
- Season steaks.
- Combine coffee, brown sugar, half the paprika, coriander and half the oil.
- Evenly coat steaks with mixture and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine onions, vinegar and white sugar and season.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place potatoes on a greased baking tray.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining paprika. Season.
- Roast for 15–20 minutes, or until golden.
- Heat butter in a large pan and fry steaks for 1 minute per side.
- Serve steaks with potatoes, pan juices and pickled onions.