Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- Glug olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 each red and green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
- 1 tsp (5ml) each ground cumin, ground coriander, dried oregano and smoked paprika
- 2 cans (400g each) kidney beans
- 3 uncooked mielies, kernels removed
- 1 jalapeño, chopped + extra for serving
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cans (400ml) whole peeled tomatoes
- 8 medium flour wraps
- 2 cups (500ml) grated mozzarella
- Sour cream, for serving
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion, peppers and garlic until soft.
- Add seeds and spices and stir-fry for a minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and mix well.
- For sauce, blitz garlic and tomatoes until smooth and season.
- Spread half the sauce onto the base of a baking dish.
- Divide filling between wraps and roll to enclose.
- Place enchiladas in the baking dish.
- Top with remaining sauce and scatter with mozzarella.
- Bake at 180°C for about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve topped with extra jalapeños and sour cream on the side.