Less than 45 minutes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped (reserve a little for serving)
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cumin
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1kg frozen corn kernels
- 5-6 cups (1.25L-1.5L) chicken stock
- 1 packet (200g) streaky bacon
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) honey
- Handful coriander + extra for serving
- Juice (60-90ml) of 2-3 limes
- Salt and milled pepper
- Fry garlic and spring onion in oil until soft.
- Add spices and fry for another minute.
- Tip in corn and stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper and brush with honey.
- Add coriander and lime juice to soup, then blitz using a stick blender until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Season well.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with reserved spring onion and coriander.
- Serve with bacon dippers.