Less than 45 minutes
Share with friends
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 (about 100g each) chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) smoked paprika
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- ½ cup (125ml) mascarpone (optional – see cook’s note)
- 2 tsp (10ml) Dijon mustard
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 punnet (350g) PnP mixed medley tomatoes, halved
- ½ packet (100g) baby spinach
- Juice (120ml) and grated peel of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) chopped parsley
- ½ packet (250g) spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- Preheat oven to 200 ̊C.
- Season chicken and sprinkle with half the paprika.
- Heat half the oil in a large pan and fry chicken until golden but not quite cooked through.
- Add garlic and spring onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine cream, mascarpone (if using), mustard, basil and remaining paprika and pour over chicken.
- Stir through tomatoes and spinach. Season.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine lemon juice and peel, parsley, remaining oil and toss mixture through spaghetti.
- Remove chicken from sauce, slice and toss back into sauce.
- Divide spaghetti between two bowls and top with creamy chicken. Serve.