Share with friends
- 2 cups (500ml) cake flour, sifted
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) melted butter or canola oil
- Oil or butter, for frying
- 1 tub (250g) mascarpone or plain cream cheese
- ¼ cup (60m) icing sugar, sifted
- Grated peel of 1 orange and 1 lime
- 1 tin (375g) Caramel Treat, whisked
- Toasted desiccated or fresh shaved coconut and blueberries, for serving (optional)
- Combine cake flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla essence and melted butter or canola oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ones and mix well.
- Heat oil or butter in a large pan.
- Ladle ¼ cup (60ml) batter in the pan and swirl to coat the base.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining batter and set aside to cool.
- Combine mascarpone or cream cheese, icing sugar and citrus peel in a bowl.
- Arrange cooled crêpes on a serving platter or cake stand in a stack with each 10th crêpe, alternate between spreading it with mascarpone mix or Caramel Treat.
- End off with a large dollop of mascarpone mix.
- Top cake stack with coconut and blueberries.
- Slice and serve.